Thursday 29 March 2012

French Exchange :)

One of my aims at the start of TY, was to improve my spoken Irish and French and stuff like that. Well that hasn't really worked out for me so far except I am now much more 'culturally sophistacated' after all the french movies we've been watching in class :) ). So during the summer I'm heading to France on an exchange. Sounds good? To be honest I'm kind of terrified (slight exaggeration - I'm a bit nervous), but seriously - the prospect is a teeny weeny bit intimidating, I'll be in a foreign country, attempting to speak in a totally different language for 2 whole weeks!

If any of you have read my blog that I did in french for the blog challenge, then you should realise that I am terrible and can barely string a sentence together. And if you thought that blog post was half ok, then I should probably tell you that I had like 4 google translate windows open when I was writing it, and 'phrases' dictionarys and stuff like that. At one point I even typed in 'how to say ................ in french' into Google! I was desperate. And for those of you who haven't read that blog post yet - get with it! God!

The good news is that my aunty lives over there, and she speaks fluent English! (that's actually how it was organised in the first place).  I get to go to a french school for a week ,so it should be pretty interesting to see what a french school is like compared to an Irish school. The school I'm going to happens to be a mixed school as well, so you know - I could do a bit of comparitive research into that as well - you know ! ;)  Also when my penpal wrote to me she said 'the boys in the France are very cute. They are stupid but very cute'. Tha't not really such a bad thing!
I better go - Au Revoir :)

No comments:

Post a Comment