Tuesday 27 March 2012

I love brownies! yum - wait not that kind .........

Guess where I'm going! This Saturday I'm off to Trim, County Meath, as part of Brownies. I'm doing it for Gaisce, the presidents award, where we have to do a certain number of hours of sport, a new skill and community involvement. To be honest I can't believe volunteering with Brownies qualifies as 'community service' because it's so much fun! The kids are around 8 and 9, and we do songs, dancing, arts and crafts, drink hot chocolate, and this weekend there's a small chance of a camp fire! (I had to put the words 'small chance' in there, for fear I get my hopes up).
The hour and a half just flies by! In fact twice already I have missed my bus home because I didn't want to leave! (well that and the fact that you never expect a bus in Ireland to be early or even on time :P ).

You see, I never did Brownies, or Scouts or anything like that when I was little, so it's all totally new to me. If you told me a year ago that I would be going on a Brownie trip I would have never believed you. I had no clue about the Brownie code, or the guide law, or the Brownie hand shake, but I have to say I'm really enjoying it. (I hope I'm not revealing top secret Brownie information here). I'm not quite official yet - I haven't been enrolled into it yet or anything, or got a uniform, but they're all really friendly, and they've made me feel right at home. Heres the link for the Irish Girl Guide website if you want to learn more about it. HERE

I better go now as it's nearly lunch time and all this talk about Brownies is making me hungry (I'm talking about the chocoalte kind here - not little kids)
Bye

7 comments:

  1. Have fun on the trip! What kind of things do you do in brownies? It sounds like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Glad You enjoy Brownies Grace, See you saturday, can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait for saturday! see you at brownies tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant wait for our trip on Saturday :) hope you know all the songs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to our Brownie trip on Saturday :) hope you know all your songs !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to Saturday now :) hope you know all your songs for the bus journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i do niamh! 3 times a charm! thanks for the comments :)

    ReplyDelete