Tuesday 20 March 2012

Braveforce

So the assault course last week wasn't as bad as I thought it would be - it was actually pretty good! St Wolstans mangaged to come ...last .. in the race but - wait for it ! Out of the TY students (there was 70 of us) I surprised my self by being in the first 10 back! Maybe those frantic gym sessions in the days before the race did pay off? Who knows. And anyway - (pause as I defend St Wolstans proud sporting honour), the other two schools who took part were training for it for weeks in advance. They drove up in their minivan. with all their fancy running equipment, doing their stretches, as all of the Woolies (that's us) chatted and laughed. AND they practically cheated by picking about 7 brilliant athelets from each school instead of letting everyone in the year compete. Anyway I will not name and shame the other 2 schools competing - partly because I'm nice like that, and partly because I can't remember the school's name anyway :)

So after hosing each other off ( they didnt provide showers :P) and drying off , we somehow managed to change out of our wet clothes (to this day - I have no idea how I manged that, my arms and legs were do tired I could barely move). I gulped down a plate of chips and chicken nuggets to warm me up. The bus on the journey back was so quiet compared to that morning. Everyone was resting quietly - we hardly had the energy to talk! Of course that night facebook was covered with photos of us trekking though mud and water , looking very attractive, but, by some miracle (and probably due to me warning my friend Shauna, the photgrapher for the day, not to take any of me), not many photos of me were tagged! (Thank you Shauna - forever grateful).

Even though my legs were numb with the cold and my arms were covered with bruises I have to recomend Braceforce as a day out. I t was one of the best days of TY so far, we had so much fun and we all slept well that night! Besides I'm feeiling pretty chuffed with myself for being able to complete the course!
I I always hate this part of the blog - where you have nothing left to say but can't decide how to sign off! So I'll just bid you adeiu. Bye for now :0

No comments:

Post a Comment