Tuesday 13 March 2012

left right left right

So,the big day that I have been dreading and eagerly anticipating is almost upon us. Tomorrow we are heading off to Braveforce - an adventure centre in Meath. This is no ordinary adventure centre though, oh no.
First of all - its a RACE! With other schools - the worst opportunity for humiliation and diasaster that I have ever seen.
Second of all - I am at zero fitness level at the moment, so running, jumping, climbing doesn't really sound like a recipe for success.
Third point - It's a race with other schools involving running jumping climbing!
I looked up the website http://www.braveforce.ie/ but that didnt really do much to calm my nerves. Hundreds of pictures of people wading through freezing water pits, and jumping from high wooden structures, only held to ground by flimsy ropes that could snap ANY MINUTE! And the consent form isn't exactly encouraging - I quote 'all water obstacles will have a very low water temperature. If you enter the water too fast this may possibly result in shock.'
Fourth point! It's run by an ex army seargent and there will be people there to 'encourage us to finish the race' ie. scream at us as we run. Oh joy.
So recently, to prepare me for tommorrow I have been going to the gym every night, so I'm not coming over the finish line a couple of hours after everyone else. But at this stage if I lived in the gym I really dont think it would make much difference!
Wish me luck ! .... I'll need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment