Friday 2 March 2012

Work Experience!

So this week is our work experience! I am typing this from the office of ‘Osbornes Solicitors’ in Naas, Its completely different from my last work experience placement where I was cooking and gardening, using my hands and getting mucky, but I have to say it’s been really great so far. Yesterday we went to a courthouse and I saw all the cases for the day , which was really interesting !

As I sit here at my desk , typing at my computer in my little open office cubicle , I actually can’t see what everyone complains about when they say they wouldn’t like to work in an office ! I really enjoyed this week. :) True I am now an official expert at the photocopier and I have stapled more documents this week more than I have in my whole life, but on the whole it’s been really enjoyable! I got to see what life as a solicitor would really be like – the court cases and the clients’, and trying to see justice done , and then the other side of it – the filing and the documents (which is all unseen in all the law programs on TV, by the way – not very realistic)..

I thought that by the end of the week I would have a better clue as to what I want to do when I’m older but all it’s really done is make me more confused, as now being a lawyer seems to be a really good choice! The only thing I’m actually sure about, from doing my work experience, is that it’s great to work anywhere where the people are friendly and nice. In my opinion I wouldn’t mind where I work when I’m older, as long as I have that.

That’s all for now! Talk to you soon ……

P.S - It's funny how whenever I'm actually typing this it seems WAAAAAY longer than when I actually publish it :) hhmmmmmmm, makes you wonder ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment