Thursday 26 April 2012

So I officially swam a mile!


I'm quite proud of myself right now. Last Friday, we all headed off on the bus to the National Aquatic Centre, in Blancherstown to take part in the Ian Daly 'Swim a Mile with a Smile' Challenge. We were greeted by Brian Daly, Ian's Dad, who welcomed us and wished us luck. We quickly got into our groups and went out to the pool to start. I was quite nervous , but once we all got in we were fine! I didn't drown, which for me is great achievment in itself, and everyone really pushed themselves to swim as much as they could for the great cause!

 Everyone got into the spirit of it, and although we were all exhausted we were all really happy with ourselves! Afterwards, we weren't exactly in a great hurry to get back to school, so we wandered around Blancherstown for a while, then we headed back on the bus (before being warned by the teachers to 'hide our shopping bags so it looked like we did something productive today'). I have to say it was one of the best parts of TY so far! (I know I 've said this about nearly every trip so far butI really mean it for this one!)

If you want to read about the 'Swim a Mile with a Smile' Challenge, click here :) http://swimamile.webnode.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment