Friday 27 April 2012

♪ ♬ Im so excited! And I just can't hide it! ..♫ ♩


Well everyone in school right now certainly has 'That Friday Feeling!'. Today at 3 o'clock, around 30 of us are heading off to County Wicklow, to do our Gaisce hike. For those of you who don't  know what Gaisce is - It's called the Presidents award, and we have to do a certain number of hours of community involvement, physical activity, a new skill and an adventure hike, and then we receive an award. Well we have all the hours of activities are done so now it's time for the adventure hike!

We will be staying in Kippure Lodge in County Wicklow. The place looks really comfortable, and I'm so excited! Except for one thing ...........for the past couple of weeks I have been so excited about the food and staying overnight and packing and everything, I kind of overlooked the fact that we'll be hiking up a mountain for 25KM!! Oh lordy. From reading all the other blogposts I have done, you might have guessed I'm not great at hiking, or anything that comes in the 'excercise' category! Never fear though - I have a plan. Yesterday Elizabeth and I went shopping , and filled a whole trolley (no exaggeration) of sweets. So hopefully I'll be so hyper on jelly's and chocolate and everything that I wont even notice walking 25KM! Thats the theory anyway! (Let me tell you it was no mean feat to carry all those sweets into Celbridge today !They filled 2 suitcases! All thanks to Elizabeth who  lugged them all the way into school this morning! - Well done).
Anyway best be off,
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment